Being a Drifter doesn't just mean being an employee; it means being part of a team, and we make sure everyone on our team is well taken care of. This means benefits like health insurance for you and your family with the premium fully covered by us, as well as dental and vision insurance. We've also got unlimited PTO, a great location in Seattle, and of course a well-stocked fridge.
If you've been looking for the chance to work elbow to elbow with some of this industry’s fiercest contributors in a nimble, quality-driven environment, this is it! Please send your resume and any applicable work examples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in your subject line, and we'll reach out to you if it looks like you'll be a good fit. We look forward to hearing from you!
Senior Level Designer
We’re looking for a level designer to join us for our next big game. The designer will work closely with creative leadership to design maps, create gray box layouts, and implement final level designs from concept to release.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years experience shipping action games as a level designer. They will be exceptionally good at balancing compelling environmental storytelling, with awesome action sequences and memorable gameplay. A level designer has the ability to create layouts from scratch in the engine, implement scripted events, integrate AI, and an in-depth understanding of what goes into crafting a great gameplay encounter.
If you’ve been looking for the chance to work elbow to elbow with some of this industry’s best contributors in a nimble, quality-driven environment, this is it!
- Work closely with creative leadership to create, implement, and iterate on game systems.
- Creatively solve problems in a collaborative atmosphere
- Find the great ideas no matter who or where they come from and champion them.
- Move quickly through the creative process to brainstorm, prototype, iterate, and implement level designs.
- Work with other disciplines to achieve shared goals
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience as a level designer.
- Experience scripting and laying out 3d levels in engine. (Experience with UE4. Blueprints experience is a plus.)
- Some kind of awesome form of expressing ideas (you could be a good writer, skilled illustrator, video maker, or any other exceptional way of expressing ideas).
Senior Gameplay Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to work with a small team on an exciting unannounced VR title. As a Gameplay Engineer at Drifter you would work closely with all disciplines to help design and implement gameplay systems in our titles. If you've been looking for the chance to work elbow to elbow with some of this industry’s fiercest contributors in a nimble, quality-driven environment, this is it!
- Spearhead implementation and design of gameplay systems project wide, including AI, player weapons, player locomotion and mo
- Work closely with design team to collaborate and iterate on core gameplay systems
- Architect and frame forward thinking, extensible, and scalable gameplay systems to enable and guide production
- Optimize and streamline systems game wide to hit performance targets on a new hardware platform
- Shipped one or more AAA games in a professional gameplay centric role
- Strong C++ skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with game performance and optimization
- Experience with mobile gaming a plus