Being a Drifter doesn't just mean being an employee; it means being part of a team, and we make sure everyone on our team is well taken care of. This means benefits like health insurance for you and your family with the premium fully covered by us, as well as dental and vision insurance. We've also got unlimited PTO, a great location in Seattle, and of course a well-stocked fridge.
If you've been looking for the chance to work elbow to elbow with some of this industry’s fiercest contributors in a nimble, quality-driven environment, this is it! Please send your resume and any applicable work examples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in your subject line, and we'll reach out to you if it looks like you'll be a good fit. We look forward to hearing from you!
Mission Design Scripter
We’re looking for an experienced game designer to design and implement combat encounters, environmental puzzles, and scripted events to create an emotionally memorable journey for the player. The mission design scripter will work closely with creative leadership to bring the world of the game world to life.
We are looking for someone with lots of hands on experience crafting encounters, scripting AI behaviors, and building narratively and emotionally impactful sequences for modern shooters.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years experience shipping great games as a designer, scripting and implementing game systems. They will be exceptionally good at expressing their ideas both by articulating the story of a feature through words and expressing ideas visually. They will have the ability to prototype features in engine, test assumptions, and work with art and engineering toward high quality throughout production.
A passion for modern shooters and a deep understanding of their underlying gameplay systems is a must.
- Drive creation of engaging and fun mission content (objectives, narrative, combat)
- Work closely with creative leadership to prototype, implement, and iterate on mission designs and combat encounters
- Balance narrative goals with combat pacing and level structure
- Outline narrative beats, dialog, and cinematic events across missions
- Must have shipped one title or have equivalent experience
- Experience scripting and prototyping features in engine (experience with UE4, Blueprints experience is a plus)
- Some kind of awesome form of expressing ideas (you could be a good writer, skilled illustrator, video maker, or any other exceptional way of expressing ideas)
- Narrative design chops a plus
Senior Gameplay Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to work with a small team on an exciting unannounced next-gen shooter title. As a Gameplay Engineer at Drifter you would work closely with all disciplines to help design and implement gameplay systems in our titles.
- Spearhead implementation and design of gameplay systems project wide, including AI, player weapons, player locomotion and more
- Work closely with design team to collaborate and iterate on core gameplay systems
- Architect and frame forward thinking, extensible, and scalable gameplay systems to enable and guide production
- Optimize and streamline systems game-wide to hit performance targets across multiple platforms
- Shipped one or more AAA games in a professional gameplay-centric role
- Strong C++ skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with game performance and optimization
We’re looking for a QA tester to help us out with production for our next big game. The QA tester will work closely with the QA Lead to develop reports and test plans, and test the game against them. This is a contract-to-hire position. With proven work diligence and testing capabilities, a more senior role could be available in the future.
The ideal candidate will have game testing experience. They will have exceptionally good verbal and written communication skills. A passion for shooters is a plus. If you’ve been looking for the chance to work elbow to elbow with some of this industry’s fiercest contributors in a nimble, quality-driven environment, this is it!
- Work closely with the QA lead to create, and modify new and existing test plans
- Find and log issues in a bug database, and inform all appropriate parties depending on issue severity
- Regress and close bugs upon completion
- Work with other disciplines to achieve shared goals
- Minimum 1 year game testing experience.
- Strong attention to detail, and creative problem solving.
- Demonstrated understanding of black box testing.
- Experience with bug tracking systems.
- Able to work independently as well as in a small team setting
- Able to adapt to new tasks as they occur.