Being a Drifter doesn't just mean being an employee; it means being part of a team, and we make sure everyone on our team is well taken care of. This means benefits like health insurance for you and your family with the premium fully covered by us, as well as dental and vision insurance. We've also got unlimited PTO, a great location in Seattle, and of course a well-stocked fridge.
If you've been looking for the chance to work elbow to elbow with some of this industry’s fiercest contributors in a nimble, quality-driven environment, this is it! Please send your resume and any applicable work examples to email@example.com with the position in your subject line, and we'll reach out to you if it looks like you'll be a good fit. We look forward to hearing from you!
Senior Sandbox Game Designer
We’re looking for a senior game designer to design and implement gameplay systems for our next game. The senior designer will work closely with creative leadership to develop game systems and mechanics from concept to release.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years experience shipping great games as a designer, scripting and implementing game systems. They will be exceptionally good at expressing their ideas both by articulating the story of a feature through words and expressing ideas visually. A senior game designer has the ability to prototype features in engine, test assumptions, and work with art and engineering toward high quality throughout production. A passion for modern shooters and a deep understanding of their underlying gameplay systems is a must.
- Work closely with creative leadership to create, implement, and iterate on game systems.
- Creatively solve problems in a collaborative atmosphere
- Share knowledge and experience to mentor other game designers
- Find the great ideas no matter who or where they come from and champion them.
- Move quickly through the creative process to brainstorm, prototype, iterate, and implement systems and game mechanics.
- Work with other disciplines to achieve shared goals
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience as a game designer.
- Experience scripting and prototyping features in engine. (Experience with UE4. Blueprints experience is a plus.)
- Some kind of awesome form of expressing ideas (you could be a good writer, skilled illustrator, video maker, or any other exceptional way of expressing ideas).
Senior VFX Artist
As a senior VFX artist at drifter, you’ll be working with a small, capable game development team delivering cutting edge visual effects to an exciting, unannounced title.
If you’ve been looking for the chance to work elbow to elbow with some of this industry’s best contributors in a nimble, quality-driven environment, this is it!
- Work with the Art Director and the immediate creative team to craft industry leading FX content.
- Create, from Vision to EXECUTION, REALTIME VFX content for Environments, Characters and weapons.
- Manage optimization of VFX in a technically constrained environment at a high level of quality
- Be Point of contact and manager for any external FX resources
- Mentor junior FX Artists
- Portfolio and reel demonstrating strong, realtime FX competency
- Good communication skills and collaborative spirit
- Able to work independently and self-manage VFX development
- 5+ years of experience creating industry leading, realtime FX for AAA games
- Capable of working in various styles across various platforms
- Strong proficiency in UE4, Cascade and the Material editor
- Experience with external particle systems and editors (Ie: Houdini) a plus
- Blueprint experience in UE4 a plus
- Understanding of UE4’s lighting system a plus
Lead Character Artist
As Lead Character Artist at Drifter, you’ll be working with the Art Director and area leads to develop character and creature content and style for an exciting, unannounced title.
- Create industry-leading, real-time character content
- Work with the Art Director and concept artists to develop a unique and dynamic art style
- Build and manage a strong team of character artists to tackle project needs
- Work with the Character TD’s, designers, and engineers to push our character content to the next level within the required technical constraints
- Sculpt, model, UV, generate topology, texture and build materials for real-time game content
- Be point of contact and mentor for all character needs across Drifter.
- Assist in staffing needs
- Mentor less senior 3D artists
- Strong communication skills
- 8+ years of experience creating industry leading character design and content
- 5+ years working with in-game, real-time character content
- 5+ years of building and managing small character teams in the AAA space
- Strong proficiency in modern sculpting, modeling and texturing tools
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- UE4 experience is a plus
Lead Character Technical Artist
As Lead Character Tech Artist at Drifter, you’ll be working with the Animation Director and discipline leads to stand up an animation style and vision for an exciting, unannounced title.
- Create and maintain animation rigs (characters and hard surface) in Maya
- Create tools and scripts that will help animators and artists to be more productive and efficient in production
- Work in collaboration with animators and artists, identifying and solving problems, to assist and maintain efficient production pipelines and workflows
- Provide technical support to the art and design teams
- Build and manage a small team of character TDs as the project evolves
- Comprehensive Python and MEL scripting experience on shipped game titles or in a related field
- 8+ Years of experience in creating industry leading animation rigs, tools and pipelines
- 5+ Years of building and managing technical teams in the triple A space
- Extensive knowledge of Maya and creating flexible animation rigs to match the animation style (stylized and/or realistic characters) of the game
- Excellent knowledge of human and creature anatomy and muscle deformation as well as mechanical and hard surface systems
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with motion capture implementation and retargeting a plus
- UE4 experience a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the US
Senior Gameplay Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to work with a small team on an exciting unannounced next-gen shooter title. As a Gameplay Engineer at Drifter you would work closely with all disciplines to help design and implement gameplay systems in our titles.
- Spearhead implementation and design of gameplay systems project wide, including AI, player weapons, player locomotion and more
- Work closely with design team to collaborate and iterate on core gameplay systems
- Architect and frame forward thinking, extensible, and scalable gameplay systems to enable and guide production
- Optimize and streamline systems game-wide to hit performance targets across multiple platforms
- Shipped one or more AAA games in a professional gameplay-centric role
- Strong C++ skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with game performance and optimization