Being a Drifter doesn't just mean being an employee; it means being part of a team, and we make sure everyone on our team is well taken care of. This means benefits like health insurance for you and your family with the premium fully covered by us, as well as dental and vision insurance. We've also got unlimited PTO, a great location in Seattle, and of course a well-stocked fridge.
If you've been looking for the chance to work elbow to elbow with some of this industry’s fiercest contributors in a nimble, quality-driven environment, this is it! Please send your resume and any applicable work examples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in your subject line, and we'll reach out to you if it looks like you'll be a good fit. We look forward to hearing from you!
As Lead Animator at Drifter, you’ll be working with the art director and area leads to stand up an animation style and vision for an exciting, unannounced shooter title.
- Creating and pushing the craft of real-time animation to the next level.
- work with the Art Director and the immediate creative team to collaborate, pre-visualize, and execute on a distinct new vision for game animation.
- Build and manage a strong team of animators to tackle project needs.
- Work with the Technical Art Director, Animation engineers, character TD’s and Character Artists to push animation systems to the next level within the required technical constraints.
- Be point of contact and Mentor for all Animation needs across Drifter.
- assist in staffing needs
- Mentor less senior animators
- Strong communication skills.
- 8+ Years of experience creating industry leading, key-frame animation in games.
- 5+ Years of building and managing animation teams in the triple A space.
- Strong proficiency in Maya
- UE4 experience a plus
Senior Environment Artist
As a Senior Environment Artist on the Drifter team, you’ll be working closely with the environment lead, level designers and concept artists tasked with authoring environments, environment set dressing, environment props,textures, prototype content and more.
- Work with the art team to craft industry leading 3D content in a variety of styles
- Create 3D content that functions well inside tight performance metrics on new hardware
- Work closely with the art director to hit quality metrics
- Work with other disciplines in achieving shared goals
- Adapt to different art styles with minimal concept art
- Portfolio and reel demonstrating expertise in real-time content creation
- Good communication skills and collaborative spirit
- High velocity, self-reliant content creator
- Extensive experience in content creation tools such as Maya, Modo, Blender, Zbrush, Photoshop, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in AAA game development
- Strong proficiency in UE4
Mission Design Scripter
We’re looking for an experienced game designer to design and implement combat encounters, environmental puzzles, and scripted events to create an emotionally memorable journey for the player. The mission design scripter will work closely with creative leadership to bring the world of the game world to life.
We are looking for someone with lots of hands on experience crafting encounters, scripting AI behaviors, and building narratively and emotionally impactful sequences for modern shooters.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years experience shipping great games as a designer, scripting and implementing game systems. They will be exceptionally good at expressing their ideas both by articulating the story of a feature through words and expressing ideas visually. They will have the ability to prototype features in engine, test assumptions, and work with art and engineering toward high quality throughout production.
A passion for modern shooters and a deep understanding of their underlying gameplay systems is a must.
- Drive creation of engaging and fun mission content (objectives, narrative, combat)
- Work closely with creative leadership to prototype, implement, and iterate on mission designs and combat encounters
- Balance narrative goals with combat pacing and level structure
- Outline narrative beats, dialog, and cinematic events across missions
- Must have shipped one title or have equivalent experience
- Experience scripting and prototyping features in engine (experience with UE4, Blueprints experience is a plus)
- Some kind of awesome form of expressing ideas (you could be a good writer, skilled illustrator, video maker, or any other exceptional way of expressing ideas)
- Narrative design chops a plus
Senior Gameplay Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to work with a small team on an exciting unannounced next-gen shooter title. As a Gameplay Engineer at Drifter you would work closely with all disciplines to help design and implement gameplay systems in our titles.
- Spearhead implementation and design of gameplay systems project wide, including AI, player weapons, player locomotion and more
- Work closely with design team to collaborate and iterate on core gameplay systems
- Architect and frame forward thinking, extensible, and scalable gameplay systems to enable and guide production
- Optimize and streamline systems game-wide to hit performance targets across multiple platforms
- Shipped one or more AAA games in a professional gameplay-centric role
- Strong C++ skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with game performance and optimization