Being a Drifter doesn't just mean being an employee; it means being part of a team, and we make sure everyone on our team is well taken care of. This means benefits like health insurance for you and your family with the premium fully covered by us, as well as dental and vision insurance. We've also got unlimited PTO, a great location in Seattle, and of course a well-stocked fridge.
If you've been looking for the chance to work elbow to elbow with some of this industry’s fiercest contributors in a nimble, quality-driven environment, this is it! Please send your resume and any applicable work examples to email@example.com with the position in your subject line, and we'll reach out to you if it looks like you'll be a good fit. We look forward to hearing from you!
Senior 3D Artist/Generalist
As a Senior 3D Artist on the Drifter team, you’ll be working closely with the art director and content team as a Swiss army knife tasked with authoring props, weapons, environment objects, prototype content, environment set dressing, UI objects, and more.
- Work with the art team to craft industry leading 3D content in a variety of styles
- Create 3D content that functions well inside tight performance metrics on new hardware
- Work closely with the art director to hit quality metrics
- Work with other disciplines in achieving shared goals
- Adapt to different art styles with minimal concept art
- Portfolio and reel demonstrating expertise in real-time content creation
- Good communication skills and collaborative spirit
- High velocity, self-reliant content creator
- Extensive experience in content creation tools such as Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in AAA game development
- Strong proficiency in UE4
- VR experience an plus
- Modo experience a plus
- Competency in high end mobile development a plus
Senior Gameplay Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to work with a small team on an exciting unannounced VR title. As a Gameplay Engineer at Drifter you would work closely with all disciplines to help design and implement gameplay systems in our titles. If you've been looking for the chance to work elbow to elbow with some of this industry’s fiercest contributors in a nimble, quality-driven environment, this is it!
- Spearhead implementation and design of gameplay systems project wide, including AI, player weapons, player locomotion and mo
- Work closely with design team to collaborate and iterate on core gameplay systems
- Architect and frame forward thinking, extensible, and scalable gameplay systems to enable and guide production
- Optimize and streamline systems game wide to hit performance targets on a new hardware platform
- Shipped one or more AAA games in a professional gameplay centric role
- Strong C++ skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with game performance and optimization
- Experience with mobile gaming a plus
Senior Game Designer
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years experience shipping great games as a designer, scripting and implementing game systems. They will be exceptionally good at expressing their ideas both by articulating the story of a feature through words and expressing ideas visually. A senior game designer has the ability to prototype features in engine, test assumptions, and work with art and engineering toward high quality throughout production. A passion for mystery, horror, and the supernatural is a plus.
- Work closely with creative leadership to create, implement, and iterate on game systems.
- Creatively solve problems in a collaborative atmosphere
- Share knowledge and experience to mentor other game designers
- Find the great ideas no matter who or where they come from and champion them.
- Move quickly through the creative process to brainstorm, prototype, iterate, and implement systems and game mechanics.
- Work with other disciplines to achieve shared goals
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience as a game designer.
- Experience scripting and prototyping features in engine. (Experience with UE4. Blueprints experience is a plus.)
- Some kind of awesome form of expressing ideas (you could be a good writer, skilled illustrator, video maker, or any other exceptional way of expressing ideas).
- VR development experience a plus